Thursday, October 13, 2011

Serious Man



I'm just sayin', is all ...


Sometimes the world just seems so bleak and serious; it's just a bit too much to handle. I've had some ideas floating around in my head ... things I want to write, things I want to explore in a humorous way — but sometimes it all just feels so pointless and just ... wrong. Why should I waste my time writing silly little stories, when the world is such a fucked up place? Shouldn't I maybe try to do something about it?

And then when I look at the sheer scale of all the fucked-up-ness, I despair. What the hell am I going to do to fix things? I can't even keep my own shit together, so how am I supposed to try and fix the whole bloody world?

"Ignorance is bliss," the expression goes. Maybe I should just ignore the world and move on with my own little life - enjoy what I have while I'm here for what little time I have. But that, too, feels wrong; it feels selfish and petty. And besides, if everyone just gives up then they win. Whoever they are.


::sigh::



No comments:

Post a Comment